System Three Clear Coat Coating and Laminating Resin
System Three Clear Coat™ is a low viscosity, penetrating, two-part epoxy coating and laminating resin for use in woodworking and marine applications.
It is a very versatile product that can be used as a sealer, grain filler or topcoat.
Clear Coat is a near water-clear, solvent-free epoxy system that is ideal for clear coating wood for interior projects and waterproofing wood for exterior projects.
It is featured as the first step in System Three's "Clear Finishing of Outdoor Wood" project.
For furniture makers and luthiers, Clear Coat can be used as a highly effective clear grain filler on open grain woods such as oak, ash, mahogany, and others. Filling is usually achieved with a single application due to the 100% solids content that results in minimal shrink back while curing.
Filling performance can be further enhanced with the addition of System Three's Silica Thickener or Microballoons.
Clear Coat will cure to a blush-free surface that is suitable for further topcoating with System Three products as well as Target Coatings' lacquers, varnishes and urethanes.
- Zero VOC.
- Full Cure in 72 hours @ 77F or 25c.
- Convenient 2:1 volume mixing ratio (100:43 ratio by weight).
- Cures to near water-clear finish. Special epoxy pigments available in Black, White, Red, Blue, Yellow, Brown & Green.
- Tintable with ColorFX Dyes for semi-transparent color effects.
- Clean up with Lacquer Thinner.
- 100% Solids Content for minimal shrinkage.
- Low viscosity for good penetration and wetting.
- Long pot life.
- Used in combination with System Three WR-LPU for waterproof outdoor wood projects.
- Fill open pored woods for furniture or instruments
- Bulk up with Silica Thickener or Microballoons
- Exterior Wood Furniture
- Exterior Doors & Trim
- Wood Strip Canoes & Kayaks
Sealing & Other
- Oily woods like rosewood
- Fiberglass Cloth